Friday, October 30, 2009

The Lady's Clinic

This week brought more trials and tribulations to the home of the Lady and her Pack/Pride....
Jessie went home.....one less set of foot prints in the morning.......to be sung to Jim Croche
First, Jake got the flu, yes one full day of vomiting large dog.
To this I emailed Lori, the director of Fluffy Dog Wellness and Rescue.
Don't feed him for 24 hours, then start small amounts of boiled
chicken and rice, keep with this program for 48 hours and slowly re-introduce kibble.
Great, I get to cook, this is something when you live alone you don't find yourself doing too much. Got to love frozen food!
Next, I have been noticing for the past few day, sorry, this is disgustingly graphic, bloody urine spots on the dog blankets and in the bath tub. So now I get to play pet detective, which of these 7 cats is sick?
After one full day of spying quietly and watching who just left the bathroom or came out of that dog crate combined washing dog blankets and bleaching out the bath tub; I determine it is both Cat Man and Purrcella. So now I get to lock them in the bathroom with a special plastic litter, yes I have been down this road before. I'm successful, I get two urine samples.
Also Gema has a chronic allergy that we have not gotten to the bottom of for three years. Her eye gets a film over it and becomes very painful. For the past three years it has been steroid shots every 6 months and steroid eye drops twice a day. That's fun right?
So I am off to the Vets. I take only Gema with me, have to cut cost where you can. I meet with Dr. Nora, a very nice new young vet to the clinic. I explain all my dilemmas and tell her I really don't want to continue to inject this cat with steroids....can we do anything else. She brings in Dr. Bo, the head of the clinic who has been practicing for 30 years. He looks at the chart, looks at the cat:
"We are going to try a hormone pill, mix with food for three days, then one pill a week for 6 weeks, continue the eye drops, give her antibiotics for 14 days and we will recheck." Whew....
So now I have three cats on antibiotics for 14 days, two for UTI and one for eye infection combined with allergy. One cat on eye drops and a dog on a special diet! All I do is chase cats with meds, my version of Jane Fonda!
Great, I thought when Jessie went home things where going to get easier. Sure man, that is going to happen when you live with 3 dogs and 7 cats.....Lady what are you thinking?
"Dudes, it is like sooo bad, like man I pucked all day.
I totally have like the flu, man I feel like total shet, if I find that freaken pig....."

"I know nothing about the spotting in the bath tub,
I am certainly sorry that someone is marking the dog blankets,
I DO NOT HAVE A UTI"
Cat Man animatedly stated in his most distinguished voice
"If you come near me again with those drugs I will report you to the ASPCA, just try me"


Purrcella became increasingly agitated as she growled between her teeth...
"Back away from the cat with those antibiotics beech, I'm not sick, those dogs suck, I have killed for less then this"


"Do I look like I'm receiving too many hormones?"
Gema screeched
"Back off with that eye dropper or you will be s-o-r-r-y"

On top of everything else this is Gypsy's newest trick....
Great now I'm continually saying "OFF" over and over and over again.
I also have to kept the command gentle, say it quietly with patience......
More fun at the Baily Boarding House
Gypsy's face said it all....
"It wasn't Me"


As you can most certainly tell the Lady has had a very interesting week. She has practiced patience, dog training, animal psychiatry, nursing and guess what it is raining again. I want a JOB!

No comments:

Post a Comment