Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bad Dogs Saturday

I'm going to tell you a story that you are not going to believe! The Lady needed to go to the bank; while she got dressed she contemplated taking us. She gathered together that stuff she carries when she goes in the car, you know that purse thing, her keys, her coat. After a few minutes of four dogs following her around excitedly waggin their tails she said "OK, it's just the Bank, it's just a ride in the car, do you really want to go?"
"Is she kidding of course we want to go" Mollie remarked sarcastically
I exclaimed "We get to go, we get to go!" doing my very best Beardie Bounce.
"Dudes, like I get all the windows" Jake shouted
Jessie did his best body wiggle, but looked right at Jake "Not both windows, not today Man" he stated with conviction.


So off we went, Mollie in the front with Jake, Jessie and me in the back. The ride into town was filled with jocking for window position, happy dog faces and flappin tongues.
The Lady calls this place the Bank, but to all of us it is the Biscuit Window. It is very cool, you give the Ladies behind the glass a piece of paper and they give you BISCUITS. What's not to like about that! The Bank Ladies laughed as they tried to see all four of us. Jake crowed up on the console between the front seats, he had to duck his head so he would even fit. Jessie and I smiled really big out the back passenger window, while Mollie thumped her tail to the beat of Tom Petty! After we each had our biscuit we took off for home.
The Lady backed the truck into the driveway thinking that she could herd us onto the front porch and into the house. Jessie, Mollie and Jake where off leash, the Lady keeps me on a leash to keep me safe. All was going great, Jessie and Mollie where the first out and they went right up on the porch. Then Jake jumped out; now he likes to pretend that he is dumb, but man he was out of that truck like a shot, turned and took off down the street before anyone knew what was happening. All you could hear was "Dudes, Freedom!"
The Lady got Jessie, Mollie and me in the house, got the leash off of me and was turning to go out the door when guess what, Mollie bolted out that door right in front of her. "If Jake gets to run, I get to run" were the last words I heard.
The Lady grabbed a second leash and out the door she went.

"This is so cool, those dogs are in soooo much trouble. Did you see the Lady grab those leashes....man she is pissed!" Gema snickered "Dogs are just too stupid for words, did they really think she wasn't going after them?"


The Lady had caught up with them three houses down the street, Mollie was standing in the creek and Jake was sniffing every bush he kind find. When they figured they had pushed the her about as far as she would go, they both came to her, she snapped those leashes on and marched them straight home!
Jake smiled sheepishly as he walked in the door. "Dudes, like I know I'm totally in trouble, but man I'm just like too cute for like the Lady to stay mad too long"

Mollie wasn't too sure about that! She knew she shouldn't have darted out the door, she knew the Lady was not believing her pitiful explanation "I was just trying to help you get Jake"















I refused to even look at them when they came in.

I just couldn't believe that Jake had done that, and Mollie Maie what was she thinking. The Lady led them into the house and they walked the hall of shame all the way to the office and directly into their crates. What were they thinking? The only explanation I could come up with was the Bank Biscuits must have been spiked!

















But Jessie knew that they were plan old Bad Dogs... "You should never, ever, ever, not pay attention, not listen, run down the street or out the front door without the Lady, or your person. " the wise old boy said "Who's the Good Dog?, Gypsy and I got a cookie, Mollie and Jake got the crate!"

No comments:

Post a Comment