Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What an afternoon!

Gypsy leaned about running errands, dog parks and jealousy today...

Yes I did and it is too much time in the car....
Jake and Mollie move from one window to the next while I sat in the back of the SUV and did some shaking. I settled in after the third stop.

But then the most amazing thing happened. We made a stop at a place called THE PARK OF THE DOGS. This place is too much....there where at least 1 million dogs there, fat dogs, tall dogs, short dogs, skinny dogs, old dogs, young dogs every kind of dog on the planet. People too, maybe 12 or 40 or 100 but they were all so nice to me. The heard my story and many of them pet me and told me what a great dog I am. I made one very special friend, this older gray haired man said we were birds of a feather and he pet me while all the other dogs and people ran around and played.
Then the Lady said it was time for our walk around the Park. This place is more then wonderful, mowed walkways across huge fields then into the woods on well worn paths. It is dog heaven on earth. At first I was on a leash, then the Lady let me drag it for awhile, at first I stayed with the Lady, Jake and Mollie, but then I saw, far across the field a Doodle that I was sure was a sheep and off I went. The Lady, Jake and Mollie followed me and the Lady was calling me and yelling out to the mother of the Doodle, catch that dog. Lucky for me I went right up to her and she got my leash. For the remainder of the walk I stayed on my leash, but I didn't mind one little bit. THE PARK OF THE DOGS is the greatest place on earth all 68 acres of safe fun for dogs.

I love my new life.

Then something happened that the Lady doesn't understand.......We where home, had had our dinner, yes more good food and I was lounging on the sofa next to the Lady and Mollie came up and put her feet on the sofa too. The Lady was petting her and I growled. Yes that is right I growled at Mollie. Mollie and the Lady just looked at me like I had lost my mind. The Lady then told me NO very firmly. Mollie was so surprised she just looked at me then at the Lady the she said "What is that all about?" I keep looking a Mollie, whom I really like, then the Lady said I had to get down off the wonderful sofa. She made me. She wasn't mad at me, just very firm. Then she let Mollie get up in my place and she pet Mollie. A little while later Mollie and Jake went outside and the Lady let me back up on the sofa and pet me.

So today I learned that the PARK OF THE DOGS is the greatest place to go and meet new friends, dogs and people. That growling at my pack mates is not going to be accepted. But the Lady will always love me.

This was a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment