Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fosters of the Past Update

After writing about Bella and Rudy (aka Easton) I really began to wonder how they were doing today. Bella has been with her Forever Home for a year, so I droped her new Mom an email asking how she is doing. I received this email........

Hi Kris,
Bella has settled in beautifully in our family. She is the quintessential "Velcro" dog who would rather lean on you rather than be near you:) She gets along well with the horses, sheep and snake although she does chase a couple of our cats, trying to get them to play with her. She loves going for walks in our woods or romping at the dog park with her best buddy, Berkley, the English spaniel. When we fostered little bitty kitties this summer, she was so gentle and careful with them. It was great to expose the kittens to such a sweet dog. One of our foster kitties was adopted by a friend who tells us the kitty sleeps "on top" of their dog at night. She loves riding in the car and has been on several trips with us to the U.P. She is everything we were looking for a dog and more. Thank you for bringing us together!
Patti, Greg, Adam, Becca, Ben (4 horses, 4 sheep, 5 cats, 1 snake and 19 foster kitties over the summer/fall)


Bella has the world by the tail, she is loved, active and provides love to her family, her whole family and she is a wonderful Foster...er to her kittens. It is great to know she is happy in her pack/pride/herd/flock family! Wonder what a group of snake(s) is called, I don't want to forget any member of this gang!

I also corresponded with Rudy's family. Rudy went to his Forever Home 8 months ago. But I'm sorry to report that I was negligent and I must have deleted their email so I will paraphrase:

Rudy is doing great with his family, he loves Dogie Daycare and his brother Gus, the Doodle, and Gus is very protective of him. He no longer climbs onto the kitchen table, but the love and discipline he has received has not curbed his zany clown personality! The very best news I received was that Rudy is off the leash at the dog park. When he was with me he could never be off the training leash, he would run all over the park like he was looking for something or someone. When I read that he loves running with Gus in the dog park tears came to my eyes. He not only made it back from starvation and neglect but he found what he was looking for, that thing he couldn't find with me, he found His Pack!

There will always be a place in my heart for these two wonderful dogs. They found their way home with a short stay with our pride/pack.

The Lady

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing about your fosters of the past. I remember Lori mentioning Easton in her Fluffy Dog newsletter. I had Lexus and Oodle this summer. Maybe I'll give updates on them.

    ReplyDelete