Thursday, October 22, 2009

Indian Summer

Wednesday was a gorgeous Indian Summer day, so the Pack set out for another day at the PARK OF THE DOGS! Everyone was wound up for the ride. Once again there was a lot of hubbub finding a place in the truck.
"Where are you going to ride Mollie I want to sit with you"
"No. I wanted to sit there"
"Lady, make Jake stop hoggin the windows, why does he think he gets whatever window he wants?"
"Dudes like chill-out man, I need to get my head out of THAT window so I can smell where we are going, Dudes I was right she is heading for the PARK OF THE DOGS, totally awesome"

When the Pack finally arrives more bedlam ensues; who gets out of the truck first, who goes through the gate first, who gets to greet who first. But once in everyone starts to relax and enjoy the day!

At the play areas Jake can always find a lap to set on. This guy makes new friends everywhere we go. Check out Jessie moving in on the Shepard to request a game. You can spot that tail anywhere!

Following time at the play area, meeting and enjoying new and old friends, the Pack takes off on a nice long hike. The pace is very comfortable, the breeze warm and the Pack content. Well, almost......

"Lady pick-up those feet, you're falling behind, again" Mollie shouted with more then a little frustration. "There could be pirates or squirrels or tigers to chase"



" Come on Jessie keep up, Jake is way up in front, we need to show that young kid how to hike! " Called Gypsy.

After two hours that included a terrific hike, some excellent play time and hanging out with friends the Pack loaded up the truck for home.

"Though I really don't think it is too very safe for the Lady to be snappin photo's while she's driving down the road, I'm really starting to get the hang of this new front seat riding. I feel very up-town and hip up here, I deserve this, I'm a splendid well behaved dog. Why didn't she let me do this before?" Mollie thought as they cursed down the road.



With Jessie riding in the far back and Gypsy and Jake in the middle everyone was tried, but satisfied as the Pack made their way home.


"It is soooo cool to hang my head out the window just checkin it all out!" said Gyps with a new confidence that everyone is delighted to hear. No more shaking, no more fear.
We had such a fantastic day, the sun was warm, the day bright and we enjoyed a very relaxed time at THE PARK OF THE DOGS!
The Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment