Monday, November 9, 2009

Delilah the Gypsy 6 Weeks In

Wow I can't believe I have lived with the Lady, Mollie, Jake and all the cats for 6 whole weeks now!
I have worked really hard at turning into a good dog and every day I get better and better at it. I have finally got it that I should not put my feet up on the counter! Yeah, that's right I remember not to do it, cause I'm a really smart dog. It has been a week since I did that bad trick. I will sit each morning and night for my breakfast and dinner and when the Lady says "Gypsy, Look!" I look right into her eyes, just like I am supposed too, I even do it on our walks!

The Lady and I are working on a real cool trick, now that I will sit, she is teaching me sit-up! I sit and bring my front feet up and I look so cute when I do it the Lady laughs each time. The Lady is trying to get a picture of this, as soon as she does we will show you how cool I really am! When Mollie tries to do it she stands all the way up, and Jake does the same thing, he is as tall as the Lady when he does and he falls forward and knocks into her. He is such a klutz! They don't know how to sit on their bottoms and bring up their front feet, silly kids!

We are also working on down, that is when the Lady wants me to lie down on my belly. She holds the treat in her hand where I can't see it, but I can smell it. She then takes the treat all the way to the floor. I have gotten this a couple of times, but it is still a little confusing to me. The Lady is certain I will get it, she knows how intelligent I am.

I am so great on the leash I prance down the street doing the Beardie bounce, the Lady thinks I look very fancy. She hardly ever has to tug the leash to get me back on heal, I walk right next to her 99.9% of the time. When we meet dogs or people on our walk, Jake always tries to go and greet them, but the Lady wants us to wait and stay until she tells us it is OK. I am very good at this, better then Mollie or Jake. I still freak out a little when we hear loud noises, each time this happens the Lady says "Gpys Look" and as soon as I do all the bad scary stuff just seams to magically disappear and I move forward with her and my pack just fine.

I also really really love to herd all the small dogs at the PARK OF THE DOGS. When I am in herd mode I forget to "Look", I forget my name, I forget my pack. If anyone out there has any hints that might help the Lady get me through this we would really appreciate hearing about it.
I love the Lady and I love all of the pride/pack I live with, but I would sure like to find my very own forever home!

No comments:

Post a Comment