Friday, November 20, 2009

A Pack for the Pack

When I knew the dogs and I where heading into Chicago, my daughter Jazmin bought me this great new backpack. I decided that if the Dave, the crew and I where going to start visiting new places to play I should have some supplies with me. The Lakewood PARK OF THE DOGS is about 20 minutes from my home or my vets. Taking three dogs into big cities like Chicago or Milwaukee or to new dog parks in areas unfamiliar to me I would rather be safe the sorry. Now that I have the backpack put together I take it with us to Lakewood as well. I leave it in the car, but if I need it I know its there. Geeze I'm really feeling like a responsible adult!

So here is what I put together in my DOG PACK!

Back Pocket: traveling water bowl and a towel. There is an interior pouch that is rubberized for the water bowl, cool! The towel serves double duty, first aide and wiping off wet dogs!
Traveling Water Bowl.
This works great, but when it is full and in the pack, I put it inside a plastic bag, extra protection!
Center Pocket, Main Supplies!
First Aide Kit: cleansing pads, latex gloves, cotton balls, gauze pads, an ace bandage, band-aides, waterproof tape, Neosporin, Purlle, iodine and tweezers.
And here it is all put together.
What a packer of packs I am!
Hand warmers, a brush & comb for burrs, dog treats and my training leash....just in case!
In the most accessible outside pocket I keep my poop bags, lots of them!
I can hook-up the three leashes right to the shoulder straps. I have walked the dogs in the neighborhood with the pack on and the leashes hooked on the straps; but it didn't work very well.....the dogs like to change sides, fall behind me, cross behind, cross in front so in the end it was more trouble then it was worth. The well laid plans and all........It is great for a dog park or hiking in the woods when the dogs are free but I want to keep the leashes handy. The rainbow on the right is an umbrella, I have used it more then once at the dog park.....once again it's a problem when the dogs are on leash....just not enough hands.
Remember to bring plenty of water, hiking dogs are thirsty dogs



So here we are all packed up and ready to go.....

We are meeting Shelly, Mocha, Te`a and Bella of Fluffy Fostering at Grades Lodge at Johnson Creek Dog Park Saturday It's a mini Beardie Reunion, doesn't that sound like fun!
The Lady

2 comments: