Thursday, October 21, 2010

Good News....Bad News

Bad news first....last night about 11:00 I put Molls and Shea out, so that Shea would have plenty of time outside prior to bed time.  At 11:30 I brought them in and they just hung around for a few minutes.  At 11:45 I put Shea in his crate and turned out the lights, headed up to the Loft to bed.  Crying, whimpering, barking, banging at the crate door started...big time, I came down 4 different times, "NO"..."Quit"..."Down"....I have to sleep man.....
As I wrote earlier Jake is not being the best host....so I had to figure something out!  Jake was in his crate with the door open and he was sleeping....Molls was under the day bed sleeping....I needed to be sleeping.....So I closed the door on Jake's crate and opened the door to Shea's.
Now for the good news.....Everything got quiet....and stayed that way all night! When I got up this morning Shea was in his crate sleeping, sure man that's great, you are comfortable in there with the door open!....The best news is not one accident in the house!  So I guess this will be the new sleeping arrangement...I will see.
I have to crate Shea while I'm at work, so I hope he settles down, but I won't be here to hear it.  I can't leave Jake and Shea together as Jake is being a jerk!
But the best news is Shea was out of his crate all night, no potty accidents and no chewing just a very relaxed sleep for all!
The Lady

1 comment:

  1. I left my foster dog Kaylah loose in our bedroom, and she's always inside the open crate when I wake up, too. Luckily for my townhouse neighbors she's quiet when crated. You could try gradually conditioning Shea to having the crate closed with short time periods and an exciting bone to chew on while he's in there :-)

    ReplyDelete