Friday, October 22, 2010

It's getting better all the time

Last night was a test.....
Jake is starting to understand that we need to be polite to our guest....he's remembering who is in charge here!  I have been correcting the negative behavior, with lots and lots of praise for positive!  Yippee it's getting better all the time.
I got home from work about 8:30 feed the herd, let the dogs out for a bit and settled in for some TV....When the dogs came in Shea climbed up on the love-seat next to me, Jake crashed on the floor and Molls was on the sofa...Shea loves to cuddle up along side and get some loving pets and strokes....He is a cuddle bug!
After a little while Jake came up and set down with Shea and I....Jake on my left, Shea on the right!  Jake would lay his head on my lap with Shea's head right along side!  Soooooo at bedtime I let everyone out and then told Jake and Mollie to go to bed, Jake went in his crate....door open....Molls under the daybed....as always.....Shea was wandering around the living room.....Everything was quiet all night!  When I woke up this fine morning Shea was asleep on the love-seat, Jake was stretched out on the floor....Molls was still under the daybed....I don't think she move all night!
Shea seams to think Jake is super cool....he looks up at him just like the Freshmen looks up the Senior football star...."Dude you are so cool....can I hang out with you:"  While Jake is acting the part of the stuck-up Senior all the way...."Dork....beat-it"  But like many teen movies I'm working on improving Jake the Jerks behavior!
The walk this morning was once again TERRIFIC!
Shea looks a little freaked out by the camera....
"Lady....what are you going to do with that?"

Looks like a Rockettes Chorus Line....Got to love it

Changing up the line up.....
So there you have it.....day three and all is going fine!
He is house-training........great two nights in a row and not one accident!  He still impresses me everyday on leash....he's getting the Senior to like him....Now all he needs is his own home, his own family to love and love him!
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment