Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I'm Having Fun NOW!!!!!!!!

OK here is a quick scoop!
I keep feral cats, all of mine are spay or neutered....A new female showed up and you have already guessed it, she had 3 kittens in one of my feral boxes..................This was about 4 or 5 weeks ago................the kittens started coming out of the box over the weekend.......this is when they can either be domesticated or turn feral..............
Yesterday one fell off the deck, 30-minute before I had to leave for work....bummer!
I brought them in the house, fed them some formula and baby rice cereal ( I had this on hand as I knew the time was getting close ) then I locked them in Mollies dog crate, they where inside the box they had been born in, went to work...
When I got home last night at 8:30 I fed the herd, let the dogs out, brought up a smaller crate, washed it up in the bath tub, fed the kittens more baby formula, gave them a bath, dried them and put them in a soft towel, covered by a small fleece blanket, let the dogs back in and introduced them to the babies.....10:15!
I have a plan.......I have spoken with the Chicago Feral Cat League or some such name, I foster the kittens until they are 8 weeks, 2 lbs.....they will then take the kittens, have them spay or neutered and then there is a wonderful pet store in Antioch IL, that sells foods, supplies, toys etc and the only babies that they bring in to sell to the public are oops litters, kittens or puppies.....NO BREEDERS which in the pet store world is code for the evil dreaded Puppy/Kitten Mills!  I just had to share this with all of you animal lovers because I found it so cool!  I also have made arrangements with a my extremely cool neighbors, Chantale and Bill to take the kittens while I'm at work....I have the greatest animal loving neighbors on the planet....I figure the kitten will be ready in about 3 weeks to go on their journey to their forever homes!
Shea is great with the new babies....so gentle....he is eating much better with the intro of canned....he is very close to confirmation that he is house-trained...and he is even starting to play with some of the toys!  He is still very very mellow of a dude...sleeps a lot but perks right up for a walk or outside time!
I will get some photos up either today or tomorrow......that is the news from FOSTER PLANET.....
This is The Lady signing off!

1 comment: