Saturday, October 30, 2010

Just a Hi There

Shea (Seamus) is coming into his own and becoming a member of the pack......This week he has found his voice...
The first weeks or so he was here he never barked...this is not a trait of either the Great Pyr or the Komondor, both breeds bark warnings to ward off predators.   I did notice he was alert to his surroundings, but no barking, just watching.  This week I started to hear a new bark in the backyard when he, Jake and Mollie went out..... It's a cool voice!  He is also playing more with Molls....this morning it was a chase and race, catch me if you can game!
Yesterday I must have forgotten to latch the bottom latch on his crate door....I came home to him out with Molls and Jake, no problems with potting in the house, but a few magazine corners had been torn up and there is a new decoration to Mollie's food bowl....a chewed ruffle!  Interesting!  I will crate him again today when I go to work, and be certain to latch the bottom latch....to protect the house from puppy chewing!  If he starts to chew anything in the house when I'm home, just a "Shea, No" and it is all over.
Seamus is a great dog to live with....and forever family out there he is waiting to show you just how smart, loving and fun he can be.....last night he "SAT" for the first time without prompting.....MAJOR cool!
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment