Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dog Park Day

Today I got a great surprise, my friend Dave got us a pass to the dog park!  Hip Hip Hurrah! It is good until the end of the year....Big Thank You to Dave, Anna, their daughters and their dog Honey!
Sooooo Molls, Jake, Shea and I loaded up and met Dave, Daphene and Honey at a great dog park in Libertyville, about 35 acres with a lake....what a great place....but I was so excited that I forgot to take the camera!  Shea was wonderful....off leash and stayed with us every step of the way....greeted dogs and humans alike with his smiling face and continued to be the wonder dog he has been since the first day he arrived.  
Family out there and we know you are out there, this guy is so mellow and such a great guy!  But, cause there is always a but....he is Houdini Dog....he escaped from the crate AGAIN!  
I have been leaving him free to roam the house, my fab neighbors have been stopping by and letting the crew out for about an hour then bringing them back in while I work.....I puppy proofed the house, but I have slip covers on the sofa and love seat....dogs yeah know!  When I got home Monday one of the ties was ripped, there was a u-shaped tear and the love seat was moved about 6 to 8 inches....so little I had to look at it for a few minutes to figure out what was different....I think they might have been playing tug-a-war with the it great!   I can repair the tear, I have slip-covers cause I have so many animals, I can pull them off and put them in the washer and dryer!  Yippee!
After the dog park, Moll was wet from swimming in the lake, Jake and Shea had gone wading and I had an appointment to get  my hair done..Sooo I gave the good dogs each a bone and put them in their crates!  After I finished up at Salon Artistix.....very cool name....I stopped by Pet Smart to pick-up some new soft chew toys to leave around.....a couple of fabric braids as he is not too interested in the squeaky toys I have around....I thought this would give him something to do!   I walked in the front door and who was sleeping on the sofa....Houdini Dog Shea!  I doubled checked that the bottom latch was closed before I left....but it was open when I went in a checked it when I returned home.....Soooo there you have it!
Shea is still one of the most mellow fosters I have ever had, he is just so cute, sweet and gentle...what a guy!
Here are a few new pictures for all of you!
It's this just the sweetest face you have ever seen?
Taking care of those darn babies...again
"Lady, these guys are buggin me!"
"We aren't doing nothing...really"
Or just maybe this is the sweetest face you have ever seen!
Next best news Shea will set when asked, with our without a treat!  Ta Dum!
The Lady

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to take both the doggie and the kitty, please.

    Today I heard Miss Gypsy growl for the first time ever. There were two young dogs getting a little rambunctious in the store -- she came out, told them to to settle down, then went back to bed. No real confrontation, just a mama dog keeping the youngsters in line.
    -- R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! You could try using wire to secure Shea's crate shut.

    Check out this other Irish doodle that I just saw on Petfinder. Doesn't really look like Bear but maybe it's the lack of grooming:
    http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17826343

    ReplyDelete