Thursday, November 4, 2010

Good Day / Bad Day

I will start with the good day....
Yesterday I was up, had coffee, showered and out the dog with Molls, Jake and Shea along with Leedle, Deedle and Gray in their crate by 9:00AM....Took the kitten's to Brooke & her daughters Kate and Sam for kitten-sitting.  Headed up to Lake Geneva to the Dog Spot for dog bathing, grooming and doggie daycare!
When we arrived we introduced Shea to the morning pack of dogs running and playing in the doggie day care outside area....this is a great place for fun!  There are balls, sticks, a few sandy areas for digging, trees and a very tall fence!  There is also a woman out there that does nothing but play and interact with the dogs!  Shea was a big hit, he is so easy going and social, he played with the retrieving group....following along with as they chased the balls and Frisbees....he played with the digging dogs, actually trying to pull them out of the hole!  He was great! 
Meanwhile I went to work on bathing Molls...twice, one flea-shampoo and one whiting shampoo; got her blown out and brushed some then into a open air crate with a warm air fan to finish up the drying!  She was in the same room I was in so I could keep an eye on her.  I took her water a few times and she took herself a nap.  Shay...this would be the lady Shay that operates Dog Spot clipped Jake, then I bathed him...twice, same routine as Molls....then blew him dry, then he went into the open air crate for some additional dry time.  Shay and I ordered sandwiches and had some lunch.  Shea the dog was inside for his lunch and some rest time in the indoor area.  Shea was so great with all of the dogs in daycare that he was invited out with the afternoon group as well!  After lunch Shay and I finished clipping Jake and by 3:00 Molls, Jake, Shea and I where on our way back home.
Now to the Bad part of the Day
Phinn, my 14 year old cat has not been eating or drinking well the last 3 days.  She has also been acting very strange....standing in the water bowl with her front two feet....when I got home from the groomer appointment, I tried once again to get Phinn to eat or drink....no luck....we where off to the vets.  On the drive I held Phinn wrapped in a large fluffy towel on the 10 minute drive.  They were great at the vets, got us right in.  Within just a few minutes the vet pointed out that Phinn's liver was failing...I made the hard choice.  They then took us to a room with a sofa and soft music, very comforting....let me have some time for my good-bye then she drifted her way over that rainbow bridge.   Phinn was my grandam cat....she had her 3 foot dance space and no one four-legged was allowed in.  She would sit on the arm of the love seat most nights and take a whack at Jake when he would walk by....never with claws out but just to let him know he had gotten too close!  She slept with me every night, on her own pillow right next to my head....if any other cat tried to take that spot, they were promptly chased away......I love Phinn and I will miss her; but I will see her again with my huge pride/pack waiting for me on a sunny hill with a clear blue pond, some beautiful trees and lovely flowers....somewhere over that rainbow bridge!
The Lady

2 comments: