Monday, December 28, 2009

Gypsy Has A Home

Delilah the Gypsy has found her own home.....a warm and wonderful young woman, an understanding and calm man and a graceful older Beardie came to my home today.....I watched them start their journey with Gypsy. I witnessed the gentleness with which they all approached her, I experienced her willingness to accept their petting and praise, I saw her dance slowly up to her new brother, wag her tail and open her heart. Jake, Mollie and I walked around the quiet roads with them, Gypsy's new Forever Lady walked her, she pranced and bounced and only looked to me once or twice...."Is this OK with you?"........it was.

When we got back to the driveway, I put Jake and Mollie inside, then walked back out to say my good-bye....she was just slightly unsure about getting into their SUV......I patted the car told her it was all good and she placed her feet up, just like she always does, I then scooped up her butt and helped her in......she turned to me, we said our good-byes, then she went about smelling the new smells that will soon be familiar to her, her new life smells....her new Lady, her new Man, her new Brother.....I hugged The New Lady and the New Man.....then I had to go.......as they drove away I cried, happy tears for her, sad tears for me......She just simply and always amazed me!

"Thank you to all of you that read about me, that helped me find my
FOREVER HOME"
She is dancing away from me now
She was just a wish
She was just a wish
And a memory is all that is left for you now
You see your gypsy
You see your gypsy
Stevie Nicks

Thank you from The Lady, Jake, Mollie and all the Cats

1 comment: