Thursday, June 17, 2010

And the Story goes On

This morning while we were on our morning walk Fitz began commenting on things in French....
We were all just mossing along, everyone with a very nice loose leash just enjoying the views and it was "Bonjour, Madam, belle journee"
Molls looked at him in awe....."What did you just say?"
Fitz laughed and answered "I said, good morning madam, lovely day"
"Whatever Dude....now you're not like a total Englishman...your like Chinese or what?" Jake's not too sure he likes Fitz....I think he thinks Fitz is a showoff....and Jake really likes to be the only showoff....
"Mon cheri, na nere est francaise.....What I just said is my good man, my mother is French. You see my Momma was a Great Pyrenees, my father an Old English Sheepdog as well as an English Colonel in the British Guard...My Papa is the great Colonel Oliver Flufferton, a very brave dog indeed, my Momma was the beautiful Abella Amoux, she guarded the flock of the Count of Montalivert. She of course taught me French, I also speak Spanish, Italian, Russian and some Greek"
"Wow, Fitz you are so worldly, no wonder your manners are so very genteel " Molls said in amazement.
"What the fricken ever....Dude....the Lady said you came from Tennessee man, even I know that is totally in the USA, you are such a story-teller or like just totally weird" Jake was not impressed in the least....
As we entered the yard, all the dogs were very quiet, Mollie was miffed that Jake was so rude to our guest, Jake was ignoring her and Fitz, Fitz had a slight smile on his face and a gleam in his eye...."Ce soir, si vous etes bon, je vais, vous raconter i'histoire de ma vie.....Tonight my friends, if you are good, I will tell you the story of my life " he translated for himself.....
"Oh Fitz that will be wonderful" Mollie said with great enthusiasm
Jake was not as interested...." Yeah, man I could use a good laugh, you do that Dude, just as soon as the Lady gets home from like work"

I can't wait to see how this goes, Jake is getting better at tolerating Fitz, but still spends much of his time in his crate, with the door open....he just puts himself in there. Fitz is settling in with us, last night he was barking at me to pet him and playing with my hand....soft bites, it was so very cute and silly. He would bat me with the big fluffy paw, I would correct him with a stern "NO" he would then roll on the floor giving me his belly to pet. He is a character........
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment