Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dog Day Afternoon & On a Soapbox

Dog Day Afternoon
Today it was hot..hot...hot...
               I would have welcomed the rain of yesterday....
                           what a difference a day can make!
I had to work for a couple of hours so the dogs just did whatever it is they do when I work....sleep...I want to be a dog in my next life, but let me add that I want to be someones dog, that really loves their dog!

When I got home it was still too hot to do too much, so I cleaned the house and we all just stayed inside.  After dinner we took our walk...2 mile loop.....we just rambled long as it was too hot to move too fast, but I took the camera.....ya whoooo I remembered to charge the battery and then remembered to take it.....

Such a Fine Site to See
A lined-up three
Green Grass White Dogs
This sounds like it should be a poem
Miss Mollie Maie
Fitzwilliam's Fine Face
Such Good Dogs
Heading for the Creek
A cool drink for some thirsty dogs


What the storms brought
There is a beautiful urn with flowers 
under those branches...bummer
I would like to go home NOW
Cooling Down
Fitz is a good guy, sometimes I think he maybe a little younger then 3 but you never know....he is very playful, he loves his toys and bones.  He will race after them when I toss his squeaky rhino and loves it to bounce around, he will toss his bones...thud and jump on it.....he really never get anxious, but will pace around the living room and kitchen some when he is looking for something to do.  I toss a toy and off he will go, or I will suggest he Crate and he will go in with just a little direction and take a nap.  After dinner tonight he elected to mark the refrigerator.....I have no idea why....caught him...corrected....and all is good again.  He is good out in the yard alone or with Molls and Jake.  I see some improvement in Jake's relationship with him, but Jake still hangs out in his crate...could just be the heat and a need for some down and alone time.
A hint and a hope.....I have been corresponding with a special family....they just might be thinking that Fitz is their forever dog and Fitz may just get his chance to shine.  So readers, family and friends keep positive energy heading out to the universe.....

On a Soapbox
My Fluffy Dog Friends and long time readers will remember my post on Hank T Shirt....for those of you new to Fluffy Dogs on the Go, Hank is my daughter, Aubree and her boyfriend Quinn's year old Blind Mastiff.  One year ago today was Quinn's birthday (it is still his birthday) and Aubree presented Quinn with Hank...he was four months old and he is a very loved guy.  They live in Brooklyn NY and they found that Hank was born blind....

Last night I got a phone call at work, Hank was really sick, vomiting, panting and very uncomfortable.  Aub was afraid it was Bloat....the internet....but he was sick and it was after regular hours....what should we do.  Emergency Vet was concluded after an hour or so of observation.  Hank T Shirt ate or attempted to eat a pair of pantyhose....while at the vets he vomited some of them up...this morning it was surgery to remove the remainder from his upper intestines.....big money for two young people, big money for anyone!
I believe in CRATES dogs need supervision until they're fully mature....we can't police every moment of every day and accidents happen, yeah Hank could have eaten the pantyhose when they were home....no one ever will know....but I still think that they should crate him.  Most dogs love their crate, it is their den, their place, just look at Jake!  A crate might not have prevented this trauma, but maybe it would have....please think about using a crate to train and protect your dog.
OK I'm off the soapbox!
The Lady
    

No comments:

Post a Comment