Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Dad's Day

Hail and Hello to all the fathers out there in cyberspace......
The crew and I would like to wish each of you a wonder-filled Fathers Day!

I haven't posted in a day or so.....
Here is a quick update on life in Wonder Lake with my crazy crew!

This week I was asked by Fluffy Dog Rescue to do two home visits with potential adoptive families. 
"Wow that is cool sure I would love to"
Wednesday Mollie and I went and met a very nice man, he's a teacher and just starting out in his career, he is ready for a dog in his life and is very interested in Colt, a young handsome Chocolate Lab.  Mollie was at her very best, I was able to see how this guy reacted to and unexpected 4 legged furry visitor.  She was polite and told me in her own special way....
"This guy is cool Lady, he will make a very good dog Dad, he has a lot to learn about what it will take to raise up a good Lab boy, but I'm sure his heart and head are in the right place"........
Got to love a good report from a very good dog!........
I'm happy to see that Colt is no longer on Petfinders and I'm very certain that this means that Colt is with this very cool guy and living not too far from me and my crew! 

Then Friday after work, 8:00PM I was honored to meet a family and their very active, but well behaved Sheltie.....The Mom was given a Sheltie for her 13th birthday by her family.  She is now continuing the tradition with her daughter Erica, but this time the family decided it was time to open their hearts and their homes to a rescue dog.....Molls was unable to attend this meeting with me, but the family does have a dog and I was able to see how they all work together. Any dog would have a great life with this family...they are dog people.  They are interested in the puppy Cain, a suspected wirehair terrier / basset-hound mix......I'm once again happy to see Cain is no longer on Petfinders and I hope this means he is with his girl Erica! 

I drove home from this visit in a monsoon.....thunder....lighting....large branches down....had to change course twice to get home due to blocked roads, but two dogs found their way home....their forever homes this week and no storm of any kind could change it.......I'm proud to be a part of this.....

Fitz, I'm happy to report has not problem with storms or heat....he is a happy go lucky guy under most any condition.....Jake continues to have a problem warming up to Fitz....but no major events to report.  They walk well together, are still good outside together, I have seen a few more short games in the yard, but Jake still hangs out in the office....to which Fitz replies...."Look man I'm cool with you, just wish you would be cool with me, Molls, the cats and the Lady and come hang in here with us."  I will admit I'm just a touch concerned about Jake, but I'm also very proud of him......he is removing himself from a situation and behaving and coping the best way he can.....Good Dog!
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment