Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Quick Note....

Hey there hi there ho there...
Just wanted to let you all know that the socialization of Winks continues...
Yesterday afternoon had to go to the dentist, so took Winks along for the ride.   The dentist is a dog dude, as is his staff, they all came out...my appointment was their last...and met Winks.  He is somewhat shy at first, but never attempts to bolt away, just hangs back for a few.  He then will stretch out and gives a sniff to your hand or leg and then becomes comfortable with the new person.  Good Boy!
We then went to my folks for dinner...my parents are in the 70's and live in a senior living apartment complex.   Winks met their cat, graciously.  My parents were very impressed.  He was great with them and his new surroundings.   My Dad, a good dog man with years of experience noted that while he was cautious about exploring the apartment, he was not skittish. He was polite and gentle with them, and they both commented on how gently he took the pork-chop treats he was being offered.....from the table....Thanks Mom and Dad..."but he is being so good and sweet".  And he was, sat or laid down right between my Mom and my chairs and waited for dinner to be over....to get all the leftover pork-chop pieces...and man he got a few!
When I was leaving my Mom walked Winks out with me and we stopped at the managers office so Winks could met her.  She talked a lot about rescues and human responsibilities to animals...about they importance of rescue...on and on as people will do.  The whole time Winks sat at my Mom's feet, then when he realized this was a complete dissertation...he just laid down.  Mom was full of nothing but praise on how well behaved and how beautiful Winks truly is.
Sorry no new photo's but will get you some real soon...next post...promise!
But what I would take from this Forever Family is Winks is a great socialized easy to take anywhere dog....And just in case I have forgot to post it before it is very easy to brush and comb his beautiful coat...he has had grooming experience in his life and he is calm and really loves the whole process.
So there you have it...with more and more to come.....
Thanks for reading and Thanks for thinking Rescue...Fluffy Dog Rescue
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment