Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sunny Windy Saturday

What a very cool, lovely day....
Winks is starting to protest...just a little...and not to badly...going in his crate at bed time. A cookie get's him down the hall, I will not push him in, but a tad of gentle pressurization is helpful.  I toss the cookie into the crate and he goes in after it.  Not the greatest dog training technique but it works...
"Lady...Jake and Molz get to sleep with their crate doors open..NO FAIR..NO FAIR"
I hear this every night, he barks and whines for a few, maybe five minutes, then off to dreamland and not a peep until morning.  
He is also much more comfortable with Mollie and Jake in the backyard.  The first few days he would go off the deck and do his business then hang-out up on the deck watching the big dogs.  But now he's right out there with them all barking at the fence-line....you should see the three of them.....
"Stay out of our yard you big fat brats"
I usually have no idea who they're barking at, but they all appear to be right on top of it!  As I told all of you at the beginning of the week, Jake was not feeling to well, Hot Spot on his tail had him troubled.  But I am happy to report he is feeling much better and his interaction with Winks has improved greatly.  They are becoming good pals and pack-mates.  Weeeuoooooo 
Last night I was lounging on the love-seat with my head on one arm and my legs out across the width....Jake came up and with his rear at my chest stretched out the length of my body with his head on the other arm.  Winks kept pacing back and forth...he really wanted up there too.  So my little athletic problem solver jumped up over the back of the love-seat....curled up in the bend of my legs...placing his upper body on my legs and his head on Jake's back....I held my breath...Jake picked-up his huge head and looked right at Winks...
"Whatever, you little pip-squeezer dude" Jake sighed and put his head back down
To which Winks replied..."Ya know man I really think you're cool"
All the while Mollie Maie is stretched out across the whole 85" sofa...alone.....
"Lady you look like some kind of ridiculous sandwich" 
I felt like a very privileged, well loved and warm Lady.....
Today we went for our walk, and Winks, Mr. Curious Yellow, continues to try to be good, but I will have to admit, it takes a lot of reminding...tug tug tug, right here...right here....But he get an A+ for trying and his pulling is never really very bad.  Well it's not bad for me, I've been pulled around training some really big dogs!  
Still not one accident in my house, so as Jake would say "The dude is totally trained man"  
Now we would like to share with you all a few videos and pics we took today to show you what you are missing by not adopting a Winks....

First of all....got to love spring, in a yard where big dogs live
"Come on Lady just try to get me"
"Aw man...get ready for some Monkey in the Middle...Dude"
Silly, silly dogs...
It's a Winks Rooolllll
"Come-on a try and get me you two big -ol' hairy beast"
"Get him Molz, Get him"
Attack of the fearless Fluffy Winks
If you don't want to hear the music while you watch
 just scroll up and click the double II on the player 


And here we have three very good, brilliant dogs waiting for a cookie

And this is how a very gentle boy takes a cookie

So thanks for reading and for Thinking Rescue...Fluffy Dog Rescue!
The Lady





   

No comments:

Post a Comment