Monday, March 5, 2012

Winks is Curious Yellow

Our first night and full day has been eventful.....
Winks is curious yellow, every square inch of the little house on the prairie has been thoroughly sniffed and examined.....
"What is That"....

I love the way his tail curls over his back....
Every cat has been met, So I says Joe, Joe for short...has been chased.  But this is not to say that Winks chases cats, just that Joe loves to be chased and Winks was more then willing to oblige.  
He went into his crate last night with a few barks and whimpers, but dudes it's a new crate in a new house and he settled down very nicely and sleep through the night.  Yippee Ky Aye....
Jake is not feeling to well, hot spot on the tail...so he is just a little grouchy, but we are all working through that.  Trip to the vet, some shaving on the tail, some antiseptic and we are good to go.   
I would also like to tell you that this darlin' boy loves to cuddle up next to you on the sofa and enjoy an evening of TV and his fur is like petting silk.  Last night while he was cuddled on one side Jake came up and laid across my lap and their heads were touching, so I have every reason to believe we are all in a good place.
Molz and Winks have played chase and race out in the yard and can you get me in the living room, they're fast friends.  
We are working on SIT and he is doing very well with that.  He is leaning that I go out the door first at walk time, and with just a few well placed blocks and the WAIT command he is getting that too.  Tonight while I was making the crew food he leaned the rule, NO DOGS IN THE KITCHEN....wasn't fond of the rule, attempted to break the rule, but a few OUTS....STAY....and this boy got it.  So what I guess I am trying to say is Winks is VERY VERY SMART!   Who-rah!  
"OK...All Right...I'm staying"

On our walk today, after the vet trauma drama, Jake and Molz did their very best to show our Winks the rope....
"Dude, like man the Lady really totally hates dogs that like ya know pull..." Jake informed him  while walking with a nice loose leash....
Mollie added as she followed behind "Yes she really appreciates a nice loose leash...and if you just pay attention...we all get a very good...good dogs... brilliant..in her nice voice...and she won't give you all those quick tugs"
"Listen ya'all I'ma doin' my berry best..but there's just sooooooo much to smell and look...did you see that squirrel...is that a pterodactyl?????" Wink said breathlessly...
"Dude like no...its a Crane...."
And that is how the day went...as I update you Jake is crashed out in his crate...Molz is on the Day-bed and Winks is sleeping at my feet.....
"Good Dogs, Brilliant Dogs"  The Lady whispered.....
Such a sweet face
So there you have it...thanks for Thinking Rescue...and have a really nice night.
The Lady
  

No comments:

Post a Comment