Thursday, March 8, 2012

Update from the Home Front

Yesterday I was out and about and I took Winks with me.  We went to my friend Wisha's and Winks got to meet her Maltipoo Misha the Rouge Princess and that she is.   Misha is 12 pounds of attitude and it was a buzz to see the two of them together.  Winks did not disappoint, was the perfect house guest with just one slip-up.....he marked the edge of a bed. Now this is something that he hasn't ever done here, and I have a big male dog; maybe he was showing off for Misha.  We got it all cleaned up....and Wisha was very gracious about the whole affair.   
Wisha and I were straightening up some boxes in her basement.  Winks came down with us, Misha will not do the basement stairs...so she just laid at the top and wined.  But Winks was great, found odds and ends to toss around and play with or he would just lay down and watch what we were doing.  This guy can go anywhere and have a good time.
Wisha's yard is not fenced so I had him out on a 15' training leash, I could see the Terrier in him, independent and very interested in smelling everything....remember he is curious yellow!  Didn't listen to "Come Winks"... Pretty good at just blocking that out....


"Lady, there have been deer here recently...chill out"

But when I started walking in the opposite direction he did follow along....I will test this out more at the dog park.  We will go in a week or so, Winks really needs to understand who his pack is before we head out there....68 acres is a big place with a dog that doesn't know or isn't sure who he came to the party with!


Back to our story.....while we where having lunch three young does were wandering around Wisha's yard....Winks and Misha were running from window to window with the cutest barks...then a buck came through...he only had one rack or a rack on one side of his head...very strange.....he snorted and pranced around but those to little dogs where having none of his nonsense and let him know who was large and in-charge of the inside...So Winks is very very brave too.
Once again he was great in the car...he slept all the way there and back!
He continues to amaze me with how very smart he really is....so I took a little movie to show you all....you get to see him SIT for a cookie and we tried to show you his WAIT....but Mollie was a distraction....so the wait was short.   
So there you go....Winks showing off his SIT and his WAIT...

This is why they call me Winks...my hair is always falling over my left eye...
Once again I apologize for the dark spot that is showing up here on his side...really he is all white and a lovely shade of butterscotch....and he loves to back his bottom up on stuff...silly boy.
He is playing with all of the toys we picked-up, they're not as dumb or boring as he first thought...each one is either earless or eyeless but no chewing on anything else.....Cool Man!
Well forever family make sure you have lots of variety of toys and bones around so he will have something to do.  
"Bummer...I dropped that dumb red bear"

Thanks so much for reading and thinking rescue...
The Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment