Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday Afternoon I'm Just Begin To See

Winks personality....
Do you want the good news or the bad news????
Let's start with the bad news....there is much less of it....
Winks likes to tear fabric, he has attempted to rip the mattress cover and blanket that I put down in his crate...
I have marrow bones around here "Sure thanks a bunch Lady I will chew on this for awhile, but it's kinda hard to toss"
I have plastic squeaky toys around here "Like noooooooo thank you they are dumb"
So as a distraction this morning I stuffed one old sock inside another and tied a knot..."Cool Lady, lets see how fast I can shred this"  Twenty minutes and I was getting worried that he would eat it and that could be a problem.
So at lunch I went to Pet-Co and picked up two small stuffed animals with squeakers..."Well, they are kinda boring Lady"
And I picked up a Water Bottle toy...."Cool lets see how long it will take me to shred the ears off the chicken"   Twenty minutes but it's not a sock!
So the bad news is over....Yeah that is it....
Now the good news...
Within 48 hours his has SIT down....loves the Wellness Cookies I have!  He now sits so politely when he hears the lid come off the cookie jar.....What a guy.
Within 48 hours he will SIT AND WAIT for either his food dish or a cookie.  The first night he was here, now that was Sunday....I started Sit and Wait for the food dish....he made every attempt to get past my hand, but sat and waited for a full 2 seconds on his own.  We continued to work on that yesterday, each meal and with cookies on the floor in front of him.  Tonight at dinner I said "Sit...Wait" and he did it for a full 20 second count.  Amazing, he is one brilliantly talented boy.
Within 48 hours he is pretty darn good at WAIT to go out the door.  I decided to have all three "Wait" even at the back door to go outside, I do this with Molz and Jake sometimes as a test...I figured it would help enforce Waiting at the front door before we start a walk....It's working....
Tonight when I was making the crews food I only had to remind him 3 times..."No dogs in the Kitchen"  each time I just pointed and said "Out" and out he went!
One more small piece of bad news...I was taking the food out to the Feral cats at dinner, I had no idea he was right behind me when I opened the front door, wam-bam-boogie, 5 Feral were just too much and he was out the door chasing cats.....for fun....but the good news is he came to me when I called him and the Ferals just ran under the deck!
More good news...told ya there was more good then bad....he is doing so much better on the leash, he is very gentle but his curiosity and his oh too cute strut likes to lead the way.  We are working on this and each walk, two today; just cause it was too beautiful out not too,  and he is getting it...slowly.  He even sat nice and politely when I tied all three to a post in front of the gas station when I went in for a water.  He also was great on STAY AND WAIT when I dropped the leashes to take a photo of the three of them today on walk # 2.
He was a riot when I was out in the yard cleaning up after 3 dogs....ran circles around me...loved it when I would stamp my feet and then chased and raced past Molz...she's not too hot on chasing but loves to bite at Winks as he runs by.
The mud is coming....so tonight we are going to see how the Winks does with a brush...he was pretty confused when I put his paws in a coffee can with soap and water in it, but got the idea and settled into OK for the very first time....I use a bucket for Molz and Jake....it's as tall has his back!


  Waiting at the door for a walk
Not his fault I wasn't fast with a camera
My two Fluffy White Boys...is that a song?
I stepped back to get all three in the photo
Really Cesar...
They did it once...see the orange leash on the ground!
Then they did it again!
Sorry about the dark spot...it's on my lens and I can't get it off...bummer

Good Dogs, Brilliant Dogs, What a Pack!
So there you go forever family this Winks is a real find, smart, cute, silly, good with kids, dogs, cats completely house trained what more could you want!
Thanks for reading and Thinking Rescue 
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment