Friday, October 9, 2009

Bad Day, Sad Day

We had a very bad day today. I woke the Lady before 6:00 AM, I was barking at one of the cats. She was very tired, she had stayed up late reading a book. She came down the stairs in her robe and said "do you want to go outside." Mollie and Jake went right out, I didn't want to, it was raining and kind of dark out there. So the Lady put on her big rain boots and kind of pulled me by my collar outside on the deck. She said, "go potty". She wanted us to do our business so she could go back to bed and sleep late.
I ran around the deck and wouldn't go down the steps into the yard. So the Lady pulled me by my collar, she was saying "Gysp Come", but she was kind of mad and I was kind of scared. We were both getting kind of wet.
Then when she got me in the yard in the rain in her boots and in her robe she said "go potty".
I keep trying to run back up the stairs, then she stamped her foot and said really kind of meanly
"GO POTTY"
I ran under the deck to hide, I have never seen the Lady mad and she was mad at ME. Mollie ran, but Jake just kind of looked at her. Mollie came right back to the Lady cause she knows the Lady never really stays mad for long. I don't.
The Lady said she was sorry, but I didn't believe her, I kept running away from her around and around the yard. She put Mollie and Jake in the house, they were pretty muddy and she got the Liverwurst, but I wouldn't come anywhere near her or the deck or the house. I just keep running around the yard.
She went in the house and got dressed in her rain coat and everything. She came back out and I was shaking and wet and cold, but no way would I go to her! I was sure she was going to stay mad at me. She would sit in the yard with the Liverwurst and call me very nicely, but no way would I go to her. She would sit very quietly but now way would I go to her.
She then had a good idea, she called Purrcella out with her. Purrcella is one of my more favorite cats, she is never afraid of me and she comes when the Lady calls her. I love to follow and herd the cats in the yard, it is one of my most favorite things to do. Purrcella really doesn't like me to herd her, but she knows the Lady won't let me hurt her. The Lady and Purrcella started walking around the yard and I started to follow them. Then the Lady called Purrcella up on the deck and I keep following them. Then she called Purrcella into the house and I followed her in.
I was really glad to be inside our house again. It was 9:30 in the morning by this time. The Lady had stayed outside in the rain with me almost the whole time, but she had scared me. When we got in the house I finally came to her and she pet me very nicely and told me how sorry she was, she even had big tears in her eyes. I believed her, I told her I was sorry too!
Now I am kind of scared to go outside, but each time the Lady goes out with me. She is being patient with me, but I am still scared. The Lady just keeps tell me "I really screwed up, but we will get through this" I hope so and so does the Lady.

The Lesson in all of this: Never take a shy dog outside in the rain when you are tired and not ready to deal with what could happen. You will end up sorry, very wet and very sorry.
The Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment