Thursday, October 8, 2009

I Finally Got It

Today the Lady took Mollie, Jake and me for a walk in the neighborhood. It was raining and not too cold so we did the short walk, 1.5 miles and it takes us about 30 minutes. I am doing great on a leash. I wander from one side to the other, but I am staying on heel or walking behind the Lady, just like she wants me too. Well most of the time I am. Mollie and Jake do this very well, most of the time.

We have to wait for the Lady to go out the door first. She says wait, wait and holds up her hand like a stop sign. I have this down. Then when we go out the door we have to wait again on the deck because she has to close the door. Where we live there are no sidewalks, so when we get to the road we have to wait again until we are all calm and in line with the Lady in the middle we then go for our walk.

As it was raining we were all wet when we got home. The Lady told Mollie and Jake to "Crate" so that they could dry off. I don't like to go in my crate when the Lady tells me too, so the Lady and I work on this with Liverwurst. She lets me smell it in her hand and she says "crate" and I follow the scent inside the crate, then I get the liverwurst and she closes the door. This is all good, but I keep digging at the crate door and crying.
So today the Lady would come to the door of my crate and just stand there. She doesn't look at me she just goes sssspt and holds up her hand for me to back away from the door. When I would sit down on my blanket she would walk out of the room. We did this for a full hour, over and over! She never got mad at me she just keep up the ssspt and holding up her hand, when I would move from the door, she would go out of the room. Finally I got it, I just laid down and went to sleep, just like Mollie and Jake do. After we had slept for about 45-minutes she came and let us all out. She told us we were very very good dogs.
When the Lady is at her desk, which is in the room where all three crates are, I go in my crate all the time, all by myself, but the door is open. I think what she wants me to lean is, I can go in my crate when the door is open, I should go in my crate when she says "crate" and I should stay in my crate quietly until she let's me out. I think I finally got it! What do you think?????

No comments:

Post a Comment