Monday, November 2, 2009

Our Treats for Tricks

"Please step back from my bone, Lady....this is hard work and I'm extremely busy"

"Dudes, I totally got the biggest and bestest most totally awesomest bone.
Man just look at the meat, KEWL"


"I really, really loved being a Princess for Trick or Treat..this is the best darn bone in the whole wide world. I was really happy that the Lady let me lay on my blanket and I didn't have to go in my crate, cause ya know I don't liken being locked up"


Raw bones in my opinion are the best thing you can provide to your dog for dental hygiene. They also kept these guys so busy they never even noticed the human Trick or Treaters at my door. No barking dogs!!!!!!

From a conversation with The Canine Coach http://www.sojos.com/giveyourdogabone.html

The Raw knuckle bone (this is a knee joint) in particular are great because they are soft and still have some tendons and muscle meat attached.....Raw knuckle bones are soft and allow dogs of all sizes to scrape their teeth into the bone, nicely cleaning food and tartar from their teeth....

Where to find raw knuckle bones.....The best place to find raw knuckle or femur bones is from your local butcher.

I get mine frozen from Angles with Tails in Johnsburg, for those of you that order from Fluffy Dog Wellness, Lori I'm sure can get them frozen as well. Also in this linked article there is a question regarding Cooked vs Raw. The author indicates that they recommend Raw vs cooked or sterilized. I would highly agree. NEVER COOK THE BONES, they can splitter and it will also remove the nutrients

Here is an additional link with more nutritional information http://rawfed.com/myths/bones.html

No comments:

Post a Comment