Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Great Debate

When Bear was surrendered his papers indicated that he was Poole/Irish.....
Now is that Irish Setter or is the Irish Wolfhound?
So I thought it might be fun to play let's guess and vote.....
To Cast Your Vote:  Just leave a comment...Irish Setter...Irish Wolfhound..
I will wait a few days....count the votes and post the results
To help us here are a few photos
Irish Wolfhound
Standard Poodle
Ok I tried to find a picture of a Wolfoodle
but had no luck so you will just have to guess what this mix would look like......
I have seen Wolfoodles on Gentle Giants Webpage but no such luck today

Irish Setter

I did find an Irish-doodle

Man who does this look like???????
So lets have some fun and cast your vote today.....
I will post the results on Monday......
The Lady

5 comments:

  1. I'm voting Iris setter/Poodle because of his coloring. Not sure if Wolfhounds come in apricot. I bet he was purposly bred to have that doodle look. I've been agreeing with Amber lately that Addie has some Sheltie in her. She has a Sheltie-like body, holds her tail high, and likes to herd. Maybe a Sheltidoodle???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, vote for the setter/poodle mix. Bear's body seems more shaped like a setter than a wolfhound, plus there's that reddish color. However, I'm having fun envisioning an "Iris" setter -- is that a setter growing iris flowers all over its body? :-)

    I did a Google image search for "Irish setter poodle mix" and found these, neither of which looks especially like Bear:

    http://internet-pets.blogspot.com/2009/03/today-everybody-is-irish.html

    http://media.photobucket.com/image/irish%20setter%20poodle%20mix/musicmom116/5-25-09%2520Memorial%2520Day/101_0578-1.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband Pat thinks that Bear's nose looks more like a wolfhound's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Setter Doodle - definitely. so gorgeous! Congrats Bear!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's yet another "Irish" dog breed, the Irish Water Spaniel:

    http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/irishwaterspaniel.htm

    They look kind of like a lab body with poodle hair.

    ReplyDelete