Saturday, May 29, 2010

He Continues to Amaze....

This morning I woke early, 6:00 AM, my friend Shelly would be proud, I was out walking dogs by 6:30!
Our morning walk was around the neighborhood, this is about a mile walk.  About 3/4 of the way back, we met my neighbor Rich, he was in his truck.  He stopped......
"You have another one????"
"Yup"
" Well I have to say the dogs look really good coming down the road, but what the hell are you wearing, you look like shit?"
Pink and white zebra print flannel pajama pants and a orange tee-shirt, grass stained tennis shoes, bed-head hair and no make-up!
"Geeze thanks man, I really didn't think I would be running into anyone, but this is the newest fashion for early morning dog walking "
The dogs were really great, they were all three walking on heel on my left, three dogs on leash being held in one hand, when we stopped to talk with Rich, Mollie sat looking around while Bear & Jake laid down next to my feet....man I am proud of this pack!  Bear fits with us just like a glove!
So I went home, showered and was off to work.  
When I came home around 4:00 I put the dogs out, made animal dinners and myself a sandwich.  Around 5:30 I took the dogs for a short walk, then down to the lake.
At the boat launch/beach there is a sandbar on one side, this sandbar goes out about 15 to 20 feet from shore and the water is no higher then my ankles.  I let Mollie off her leash, she loves to swim, Jake actually followed Bear & I out on to the sandbar, he has never done this before....he normally stands on shore barking "Danger...Danger...You guys shouldn't go in there"  He is so weird!  Bear showed no interest in following Molls in for a swim, but had no issue with walking out on the sandbar.  I didn't let him off his leash, we hadn't tried that yet, but he was great with the water.  We made our way home, I put the wet dogs out in the back yard to dry off.
After about 45 minutes I decided to load them into the SUV and head out to our little local park.  I only have two 20' training leashes, so I hooked my three, 6' leashes together.  
This is the first time all three dogs have been in the SUV together, they were great....as expected!  I used the trainers on Molls and Bear and the heaver three, 6 footers on Jake.  I held the leashes until we had passed the picnic area, as there was a large family gathering.  Once we where in the woods I let them run, though they were dragging their respective training leashes, they were free.  Bear was fantastic, he came when called ran ahead, lagged behind, but stayed with us.  We did the 2 mile loop through the woods, and my only complaint would be the bugs!
Bear is one exceptional guy, he is doing soooo great with us.  When we meet anyone on our walks he is friendly and open to petting and affection by everyone, young and old alike.  He ignores barking dogs that we pass and now I know he is cool off leash.  Needless to say they are all three crashed out tonight.  Nothing like a well exercised dog to keep them happy and healthy!  I just love hanging with the pack! 
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment