Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Arrival of Bear

This morning I drove to LA Groomers in Heartland, I met a great lady named Amy, it's her store and she introduced me to my new guy, Bear. What a beautiful dog, no photo could do him justice, he looks like someone whipped butter and folded in apricots sauce......this apricot color is heavier on his ears, head and tail....man I would pay big bucks for hair this color! Lori the fearless leader of Fluffy Dog Rescue stopped by LA Groomers and we loaded up my SUV with dog food and the Beautiful Bear.  
Bear rides wonderfully in the car, and it was the middle of the day and 85 degrees, he doesn't hang his head out the window like Jake, he doesn't pace around, he just laid down and enjoyed the ride.  It's about a 1-1/2 hour drive between Heartland and Wonder Lake and we had to make a stop to drop off food in Genoa City.  At the stop about 6 people can out to help unload and meet Bear, he was such a gentlemen.  His tail was down between his legs, lots of changes, lots of people, but he greeted everyone of them and let all of them pet him. 


Next on the agenda was to stop at Teri's, she's my next door neighbor.  The plan was.....and I must say it worked like a dream.....drop Bear off with Teri and Dane, Teri's 18 year old son.  Then I went home and put Mollie and Jake on leash and walked them up to Teri's.  This way Dane could hold and control Bear, while I handled Jake and Mollie, most important we are all on neutral ground!  Mollie met Bear first and he was cool with her, then Jake bound in.....he is just so big....like man he is huge!  Bear gave him a waring growl...."Back off Dude...your just like too big and too silly for me"  Jake did!  Then we let all three, dragging their leashes, run around Teri's yard for about 15 minutes.  Once again this is neutral space.  Next I took the three for a few block walk....man it was hot, but we needed to move around as a pack....together....


When we got home I took them around the house to the back yard....I told all three "Wait" I went through the gate first....claimed the backyard as mine and then let them follow me in.  I still had them drag their leads, just in case, but it went great.  Next step....the house and the cats.....Bear and I went in alone....once again I went in first and then aloud him to follow me.  He went right up to Purrcella and Phinn, both crashed on the back of the Loveseat.....it was fine....he likes cats!  Final hurdle cleared!  After Bear checked out the place for himself, I let Molls and Jake in.  It was pant fest for about 20 minutes while they all cooled themselves down....


Now we are a pack....a new pack....but a pack still.  As I type Molls is under the day bed.....next to the floor vent, Jake is crashed out in the bathroom.......next to the floor vent and the newest member for my pack is crashed out next to my feet, under the desk.....next to the floor vent.  Everyone is cooled off and cool with this hot eventful afternoon....Got to I love it when a plan comes together.....
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment